Tuesday, July 5, 2011

61st Street A's

"Start a riot!..start a riot!..start a riot!..start a  riot!"


Yeeeeaaaa! Now if yall know me, you know I'm inclined to start dancing when I hear some chanting. That's what was going through my head at least, but I didn't want these girls to think I was a weirdo or something. Though I do get goofy w/ it at times(don't twist the meaning).


Last Wednesday I went to see this team play some softball. My homegirl B, short for Britt, short for...well, you get it right. She one of my closer friends from the other side of the gender. Don't let your head go there though. She had asked me a while ago to come and see her girls play and I told her that I would sometime. Of course after a month and more she didn't believe me. I'm sure there have been plenty of people who said they'd come but still hadn't just as it seems to be a trend among human beings to do so. And somehow I had a free Wednesday, and really couldn't avoid it(whisper voice), so I went. I was just playing about the really couldn't avoid it part; trust me I could have.


So now I must tell the truth and I cannot lie. I love these girls. They're animated and funny, smart and cool. Girly and thugs none the least. Young beautiful black ladies, minus one, also beautiful, with good hearts and a more than common upbringing. They played a great game. I had a magnificent time watching them and talking to B and Nikki. They gave me the honorary coach title for the day....PART OF THE TEAM YALL!  The girls played a great and exciting game. It was back and forth, intense, too fast, sporadic, fluttered, full of chants and then quiet, frustrated and jolly<<you like that word huh?... In the end the girls did not win. But it definitely was not because they weren't better. They just had a few.... moments. Fluke was that they one lost by a couple runs. They were passionate about how they played, it's just the attitude that gets us young folk sometimes where we can see past any certain moment. Afterward we exchanged some words and a couple laughs, I think I'm due for a lil talk about boys to these girls...We'll see how we can make this happen sometime soon hopefully....B? haha


But yea! SHOUT OUT TO THE 61st STREET A's....yall keep startin riots...in a good way though.
I'm out.
P.S. Pics on the next blog...just a few.

3 comments:

  1. green an yellow, green an yellow, green an yellow, green an yellow!...that remix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Son, you are a riot!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Son, how do i get my comment to show it's from me. I always have this problem.

    ReplyDelete