Monday, July 4, 2011

Michael David Bachelor Party!

Michael David Lancaster is the worship leader at our small churchplant in West Garfield Park.  I felt honored not only to be invited to the wedding but also the bachelor party. I've only know Michael David since about Aug/Sept of the previous year 2010. He had a small gathering at a frriends home of some of his closest friends and some family. And I was included. This was not a heavy task or an excessive night of doings, but rather a laid back time for men to enjoy one another. Although he is a young man just as old as I (24), he definitely is making a step that requires the responsibilities all men with families bear. The early evening started with a BBQ and gathering. We ate just fine of course. But then we gathered in the living room to do what I hope can be done for me when the day comes. Everyone in the room encouraged Michael with words of affirmment, hope, thanks and admonishings towards him and from him as we have come to know him in his life.


After this we all went out bowling and had a great two hours of fun. It was a late night tho. I slept pretty good, I admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment