Wednesday, July 6, 2011

PRAYING FOR 'WEST GARFIELD'

you can take the green line or the blue line if you'd like to. head west toward Harlem(green) or O'Hare(blue). Get off at the Pulaski stop; and you will see what i mean. recently, about four weeks ago i moved into an apt out here in this black community just a block away from my church where i serve. we can say that there is definitely a more surreal reality of living than being downtown; but that's the hood for you right. I surely cant begin to tell you of all the things that go on on this side of town, as i'm sure you can easily figur out if you just listen to some rap music. because everything the industry rapper talk about is what is actually happening over here. except that you probably bet that most people dont have industry money. but ill give you some tid bits. 

1.couple weeks ago one of my kids from c.r.i.b.s. gets jumped in front of church standing rt behind me. a first for him, i prayed for him, ans spent that weekend w him.
2.me and a co-laborer in the faith break up a fight between 2 older 'high' ppls, one and older man and the other a woman. by the time we got there he was on top of here ready to lay a heavy hand. we broke it up an talked, then prayed w her.
3.last week three kids were killed and found in an alley. kids meaning, at or under eighteen. 
4.community drug ridden, homelessness and violence on a high scale
5.on the corner of my church a woman tells me i look good, ask if she can ___ my___, and when I tell her "no, you cant, babe" as sincerely as I can. she then asked me for fifty cents, that's $.50 cents. AND I AINT LAUGHIN RIGHT NOW!
6.seen a man ans women strung out on the sidewalk, half past out, snot drippin and slumped over.
7.men and women walk up and down the streets sellin "loose square"(cigarettes) and anything else you need from bootleg movie, music, socks, pants, CTA cards and jewelery.


People ask me if I'm scared walking the streets and living out there. Although tense the first two weeks, I can say that I'm not. Being in this environment is not new to me. Most people cant tell the difference as I walk around other than im a fairly new face. But God has led me there to minister and not be afraid. (reflecting the "Jeremiah 1:8-10" tatted on my left shoulder). I love being there, I love my people. God is always at work and im honored to be included. He will remain faithful. And I depend on my Lord Jesus fully. so do not be discouraged, good things are also happening here. you just pray and see....Pray w me, pray with us, pray for us. Pray and dont cease. 

PRAY FOR 'WEST GARFIELD!!!

2 comments:

  1. Damn bro, you'll definitely continue to be in my prayers and West Garfield will be too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always praying for you and I will include West Garfield. We want souls to be rescued from the bondage of sin...eyes to be opened to see God's love...hearts to be soften to receive the free gift of eternal life. In the name that is above all names, JESUS!!!

    ReplyDelete