Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summers Theme

A common theme over the last five summers; all must run its course. Do you have times like these?

These Summers

These summers make me stop
and acknowledge the One who is
In recognition of honor
and the works of God

How fallen and lowly I am
Save me God
Deliver me from this place of desolation
Do not let me be ashamed
My hand is slack and I am weak
But You, Oh LORD, are my strength

My Song
"Breathe into me Oh LORD,
the Breath of Life"
Let me behold You
Your faithful love and promises
Prosper me

I am bare before you
Clothe me with Your righteousness
The heat of the sun is burdensome
I long for the shadow of You wings

This summer I am a salesman
Give me wisdom
Riches will fade
Give me discipline
Or I will be a failure
You make no failures
And I am Yours

I will stop
And acknowledge the One who is
In recognition of honor and the works of God
I will praise You!

2 comments:

  1. Psalms 33! That's what it remines me of. Just read it this week. So blessed by God's word and His mighty acts.

    He is with you my son. What a blessing you are. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Right in line with my prayers this week!

    ReplyDelete