Saturday, March 16, 2013

Still Grateful

I bought a vacuum Thursday; something that had been put off for far too long. Now there's carpet, carpet free from debris. Reminded me of doing chores growing up as I thought to myself, "This, I'm used to...and...Man! am I good at this." It was a most exhilarating time, I smiled as I vacuumed my room. And then did it again.

Tuesday I had a tooth pulled. I can now say that I truly understand why people hate going to the dentist. Fortunately, I don't mind so much. He pushed, pulled, yanked, broke, drilled, split the root, cleared the tooth, stitched my gums and now......The migraine in face is gone, no infection, a little soreness, yep. One less tooth, yep. But, the alternative would've been much worse. So let's have an honest moment. All my bottom back teeth(the ones used for eating) are gonna go. It's already hard eating.

I feel bad for myself (no pity and not pitiful). I should have listened to mama when she said, "Don't just keep eating junk food and candy...brush your teeth...quit smoking," and my personal favorite..."did you take your calcium pills?" Because LORD Knows! and so did mama, that growing up lactose gave me no taste for milk.

Well, now at an early, early....Early age of 25 going 26, I'm losing chompers. I guess some people were just blessed with good, strong teeth. In my case, it was just the fronts. But, I can still smile and I still smile. And you wouldn't even know it if I hadn't told you. And for that I am grateful. Good God Almighty! I am still grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment