Tuesday, December 29, 2015

(State of Confusion)... a Look into Perspective

In my teen years, I was absolutely wrapped in my own sight. I'm about 87% sure. Not because I have actual figures of data, just what I've experienced in my life. I wouldn't say that I had tunnel vision, but I would say that my vantage point ruled over others. I had been completely involved in a lot of the mess that comes with adolescence: The attitude, the dating, the looseness, the recklessness, the fights, the drugs, The EVERYthing!

So late in 2007, when I was "pursuing God", or whatever that means to a human, who never really finds God, but rather finds that God reveals Himself at some point in time in some kind of way, which I DO NOT understand...

Yea, some time in 2007, when I began to become involved in various church ministries, the years flew by.  In fact, by 2009, I felt that maybe the last five or six years had gone by without me noticing some particular details.

I hadn't watched TV for some time, I hadn't listened to the radio or any mainstream music for the most part, and I had been so involved in what I could see and find in "my view" that as the culture was shifting, I was present, but not conscious.

Needless to say, once I hit the explorer button again I saw something. It was alarming! It was offensive! It was "two-thousand-nine and beyond!" And what had become normal and the new acceptable really confused me. Of course this is nothing new in life, the World, the U.S.A., my city, your city and so on...

So what was I to do. Suddenly I had recognized that there would soon be a battle coming. One between "Christian culture" (whatever that was suppose to be in my view versus anyone else.) "Modern Culture" (the socially normal and acceptable by way of media outlet/focus/drive) and my conviction. Yes, My Conviction. It battles with the faith and those who are part of it as well as those who are not... So I wrote a song.

Because I felt like the world and I were in a similar place... a "State of Confusion."

No comments:

Post a Comment