Friday, April 8, 2016

Living to be Known:Do You Know What You Want? (follow-up blog)

Do you know what you want?

I, want, to be, HAPPY. I do not want to be sad. I want to be wealthy. I do not want to be poor. I want to be loved. I do not want to be lonely. I want to travel. I do not want to feel lost. I want to know more. I want to do more. I want to see more. I want to be more….

Any of these things sound familiar? I hope so

It is common to hear some of these statements when you pay attention to what we are communicating. We all have basic common needs for life right? Is it possible we have common wants? Of course it is! We see life differences, we feel emotions, we read, we listen, we watch, we hear, we imagine, we think, we do and we tell of all the many things in life we have YET to experience. Therefore we want!

I think about a few things:
1. What we have
2. What we need
3. What we want
4. What we don’t

I have and I need and I want and I don’t want…. Now is there more. Yes, but…

The question is: Do you know what you want?
Can I tell you about this question I’ve asked a little more?

The things I want in general, I believe others want in general. So please don’t think that I don’t care if that is what you are thinking. I want to know more. I want you to think a little more in detail. Peeling back layers of “the Want Onion”… hahaha, the want onion. I just made that up. Lol.

Here’s what I mean. Day in and day out I think we express and communicate common themes of what we want. I mean, we only dream of how good things can get here on earth to the point that we are one step from heavenly. But we don’t truly believe that will happen here, on this planet, in our life time…do we? Maybe? But that’s not the focus. I said all that to say that YOU communicate and express daily what you want in and out of this life. You don’t just want to be happy, you want to Everything!

Let’s simplify. I know I can go on tangents. OK.
You don’t just want to travel. You want to travel to a place that has water. Not just a place with water. A beach. Not just any beach, but one with soft sand. Not public but …. You get me? We don’t just want. We want in detail. And that is ok.

There is only so much we can control. And we should want things that we can. Some say these are called plans, goals, dreams and desires. But those are different. I just want you to think about and decide what you want in short; today or this week. Because want rushes in in a moment and sometimes sits, and sometimes, when the want changes, we still hold on. So I’m not speaking to the BIG WANTS in your life but the small wants; the wants that means more to us. If today you want to sing, then sing. And if today you want to cry, then find a little time to cry. And if today you want to laugh, do it. If today you want to travel, write it down and everyday decide what else you want that travel to be like until you know what you want.  

It’s just a simple way to go, remember: (Have, Need, Want, Don’t). Do you just want to be happy? What’s behind that? You want to stop procrastinating, you want to argue less? You want a better job. Assess all that it takes to get what you want, consider the cost and then when you are sure, move forward to accomplish it. It’s better than thinking we want something only find that we do not actually want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment