Wednesday, October 6, 2010

So what's up D?...what can I say? busy is what!

So the most common expression of greeting coming from the few people that i've talked to from back home is "whats up?" of course, and "whats new, how are you?"

Everything is up....haha
Im keeping as busy as i can without pushing to a burn out; which has been an inevitable cycle of practice for those who have always known me...haha again
I've only got a short amout of time so i'll give the short version.

Outside of the 17 credit hours that im taking for class, i am currently working a part-time job at my school (public safety). im scheduled 18 hours but that always ends up being more. Thank God for a job. I'm part of two student groups. Embrace! the Black student group. No! you dont have to be black to join. more on that later. I'm also in Gospel choir.currently im the only black person there but what difference does that make. it's about the worship, obviously the culture of moody is multicultural. but still prdominately white; but what difference does that make rt, half my life was spent in the suburbs (thanks mom and dad) sarcasm) but for real tho) haha. next i'm also a "big brother". my little brothers name is "Man-Man" he's from the projects called Cabrini Green which is a few blocks away. talk about raw. the C is raw no joke. Cali is a different shot of rawness. but let me continue. i do ministry on the west side of the C in the hood. thats awsome. i make time to play intermural sports with my floor, spend time with my friends, and spend time with myself. so you can see that time is well spent and im still in the process of finding the balance....but what difference does that make rt... balance in a sense has been overrated since im young and single and have all this time and opportunity to take and use up to the brim..we'll worry bout other things as they arise because through these things yes, i seek wisdom and counsel and prepare for what is yet not.....

by the way im also in a small group, 5 peers led by the resident supervisor of our dorm. the study is called "Dangerous men" the supplier is an organization "lust free living" and this is what the group is all about. gotta pursue purity even though im at "Moody". otherwise id b in trouble. and some of yall know what im talkin. hopefully yall understand and are pursuing the same. male and female alike. thers's a study for both.....

we'll thats my time for now. i know i haven't written much or even as much as i had anticipated. but there's a reason for that also. ill share soon. Let's thank the Lord for truth tho......once again i gotta go. Love yall. shout out to my brothers and sisters... Brian, Deshawn, Unique, Stacy, and Nuria. love yall and praying for yall. pray for me...mom, dad thanks

D-roc....out
- i'm gone

No comments:

Post a Comment