Monday, January 2, 2012

How Much Humility Does it Take?

There are times when the Bible seems like its words just don't hit the mark. It was like that for a time nearing the end of this past year of 2011. I feel like the level of spiritual warfare that was taking place was brought to a whole new level. Oh so subtle, everyone at school and abroad seemed to be going through it. It was personal, it was multiple, it was not aggressive as we all love to think it might come. But no, it was strategic, physical, mental, emotional, spiritual. It was a bad time and thus were the results also.

I have been learning to use less words than necessity. So it is fortunate that I not go into extraneous detail on any particular thing at this time. I will say this though. I felt like this was the worst school semester I've "made it through". Not that great things did not take place. I truly have been revealed by God the things that are still lacking, hurts untended to, wounds unhealed and habits not dead.

I'm going to have to make up a class, I'm looking for a new job at the worst time of year, I've been confronted about certain school policies that need closer regard. I need to raise money for school and for a mission trip to Kenya for March of this year.

"Haha, ha, ha....."

That's kinda how I've been feeling. Even more than that. I am thankful that my Lord and God, Jesus Christ, has intervened and shown me what I have not been seeing. One week from now I will be back in a new set of classes, progressing on, and looking to continue toward my degree.

I have been humbled, again. lol
I had asked the question, "How Much Humility Does it Take?"

Unlike the first sentence of this blog post:
"5 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. 6 Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.7 Instead, he gave up his divine privileges ; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, 8 he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross. 9 Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names,10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
Philippians 2:5-11 (NLT)

To the point of death. That was my answer. And in this, I have not arrived. just as Paul said in Philippians 3:12-16. Look it up.

until next time.

Living To Be Known

No comments:

Post a Comment