Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Passenger Seat: goodbye and hello...

Look,
I know a good woman when I see one
She gone ride with her man playin chicken with a cliff
As long as im gassin the clutch she aint gone jump ship
Because she trust that I'm gone win this match
It being my duty to keep her safe and alive

Even if she doubted she might close her eyes
Hold on to the handle and get ready for the dive
She loves me enough to not let me die alone

And that's why you've always been my woman!

But,
I'm not your man, though I let you hold my keys of access
You keep hitch-hiking
I'll be damned to see somebody else in my driver seat though
I still have the spare
In case you didn't notice, the garage is empty
Plenty gas in my vehicle, I'm on the road shifting

I Love You; A good woman I still see
I know of a few more out there
a few of them know me
I figured, I'd keep the doors locked till you are ready to get in
Instead, it's unlocked and I cleared the seat for someone else to sit in

I'm driving through this desert in the world of this country
A road trip for me
Until I see that good woman that I know
In my passenger seat

1 comment: