Tuesday, December 15, 2015

(Prayer of a Minister)...A Look into Perspective

July 12th, 2009. That was the day of  my licensing. Many people don't know that. But quite a few do. Even more than that, most people don't understand what that means. When people find out they immediately fall into assumptions that distort their views of who I am, what I do and what my goals are.

July 12th, 2009. In one moment, I assumed, the title and responsibility as "Minister of the Gospel"... Little did I know that I would also, in that moment, fall under the judgement of so many people based off of judgments that were made by people who have absolutely nothing to do with me or my own judgement's. Go ahead and read that again if you need to. This blog won't go anywhere.

July 12th, 2009. I stood before a community of people and leaders who all affirmed that.

Now, Let get this out. Minister(servant, aid, clergy) of(of) the(as in T-h-e) Gospel(Good News). And that "good news".... well, this blog isn't about the "good news", in particular. It's about the prayer of a servant. A servant of people, justice, forgiveness, redemption, reconciliation, faith, hope and love. And what's wrong with that. You see, I'm convinced that you, do not know me; not very well anyway. Nor do you often understand me. Nor do you know what I've been through. Ha! isn't this the claim of so many people? Wow...we are all so different, evolution must be real :-/ Somehow human beings have grown into singular units of space, time and exclusivity that doesn't allow us to connect at the level of the basic human natural occurrences and, and, and... LOL. Give me a break. Humans have been going through the same things for thousands of years. so please excuse me if I want to stay in that section while I'm here too.

Look at it this way. I work at a hotel and I am the, "Valet." I serve people in many different ways. I care for them, their things, I give directions and information. And I do it whether they are a direct guest of my hotel or not. For many people I am their first encounter with the hotel and sometimes to the City of Chicago. But one thing they recognize is that i am like any one of them, from the poorest to some of the richest, I serve them all.

So much could be said. I

July 12th, 2009. This was the day I became a Minister. It is now, December 15th, 2015. I am no less of a Minister. Maybe you still don't know what that means yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment