Sunday, December 13, 2015

(Trusted Guide)...A Look Into Perspective

"Life is like a map...Getting lost on this journey, still looking for you..." - Valet


Being a Christian at heart isn't enough, isn't it? That's how I feel anyway. What I'm about to say isn't so much tied to religious practice either, not by any denomination, or in any particular methodology of what some might consider "Christian worthy". No, this ain't that kind of party. And I wrestle with the idea that... Well, let me not get off track.

There is, foundationally, a fundamental flaw in basic and practical life training for young people. I could blame everyone, and I could blame no one. I actually do not want to pass any blame at all. I just want to tell a little bit about what I mean and what that means to me. I thought I would directly talk about the lack of fathers, mentors and people of influence, but that's ok, we'll get to that later yea.

I'll make this quick. Along my wayward path of life, I didn't understand how much I needed to listen to correct guidance. Even more so, I didn't know how to ask. Some people say that it's just part of "becoming a man!", you know, finding your way. Naw, I'm good on that. I knew I needed help and wasn't willing to receive it, at least not from everybody. Funny how that happens. I was at a lonely place in life. And I often think that it is in our loneliest times that we find ourselves having conversations with the universe, ourselves, God and animals. Haha,, you know it's true that every now and again we talk to a bird or a pet or a squirrel.

Sometimes we find answers, sometimes we find silence, sometimes the thoughts are so cloudy that we just play some music and drown it out. Sometimes we need to hear from a friend, a family member and if its right, a stranger. I've personally never heard God's audibly thundering voice. I think I may have heard him whisper though. And when I'm feeling lost on life's journey, I found that it's easier to believe it's gonna be OK. I just want to maintain. Work, eat, drink, have a wife make babies and live...And, everything seems to want to come against that. But you know what, I'm not worried, in my Perspective I found a Trusted Guide, and I think we gone be OK.

Yea,.. it's gone be OK...

No comments:

Post a Comment