Saturday, July 2, 2011

Adventures with Mike and Jarvis

Let me give a little background on these two guy.

Mike: New and recent college gradute from Moody. Met him my first semester on Culby 2 lounge one long al-nighter while trying to finish a New Testement paper that was due that morning. In The following two semesters that would follow, I probably, seen, sat with, talked to, and fell asleep on the same nights there w Mike (--).....well lets just say, to many long procrastinated nights... Now he is currently my roomate on the West Side of chicago in the hood...Living w a person youre cool w/ aint the same. Because  you may come to discover that, you really aint as coo w this person as you think after being around them in a different setting. AY! dont think it, you already know I just got issues w people. I'm workin on it. Praise Jesus! anyway.. that's Mike venting would just waste unneccesary energy.

Jarvis: Just complette  Freshman year in highschool out here on the West Side...good kid...goffy like most and talks alot...but I get it. I been there..(uuummmm) still kinda there, ha!. He was on Mikes baseball team, oh yea, Mikes a coach at that high school. Miek brought Jarvis to Thursday night C.R.I.B.S. and he's been coming ever since. I liike Jarvis. When he begins to mature a lil he'll be quite the young man.

The Adventure: Just as Church had ended this particular Sunday I was getting ready to go when Mike asked if I wanted to go to get something to eat with him and Jarvis. I Said yea. Now this is when the details blur. I'm pretty sure this is the day we went to Popeye's. Me and Jarvis had to press the issue of how Mike wasn't eating his chicken right by not adding "hot sauce", I mean...it's like it's required. C'mon now you already know, don't play games w/ ya'self. I'm pretty sure this is the same day Mike tried to take some tires on a fence across the street, claiming that they were abandoned. Well I told him to not go because those black folks acroos the strret would have already claimed them. When he made it back to the car he told us that when he asked if those tires were owned that they said yes. But that they would sell them to him..HAHAHA
It' really was funny. So we heaaded back to school because I was still staying on campus at the time. It had come to a point that I agreed to hang out with them for the evening.

We took a little while to get parking due to some city changes in certain spots that no longer allow free parking. Every dang meter is $5 to start with, fortunately we found a lil spot in the cut somewhere behind some building. Nice going Mike, let's go. I was getting wrestless in the car looking for a spot, i just want the simplified version and that felt like it took too long. So we set out for Navy Pier. Navy Pier is a lil tourist attraction spot that has all kinds of things going on including music, stores, place for kid, to eat, maybe even get on a boat. You get the idea right? Word! So after walking a little, Mike says he's going to take me and Jarvis to a spot up in some tower where we can see the whole city and whatnot. I'm all for that. We went inside and made our way through this building that seemed like we went up at least 4 or 5 escalators.

We made it to the roof. It was a great view and we walk around up top looking for this spot; and I was axious to see it, I love a good SPOT (my boys knows). So we get inside and the door is locked. LOCKED! it's ok though, mike acted like spider-man and then we  found it was unlocked. So were climbing up these steep stairs that are metal and have the wholes in then. I dont know how to describe them but lets just say no matter how high you go, you still see al the way down.[I. do. not. like. heights!] Mostly it's the edges not the heighth. So we get to the top. I was praying that this door was unlocked to so we could hurry up. The stairs were beginning to feel more and more unstable..............Then Mike caught up. This dude gone start climbing up this rinky-dink ladder attached to the walk that goes up into the ceiling. There was no support and it hung over the stairs. THE STAIRS! Not the base. So me and Jarvis looked at each other. And like the stereotypical black man who thinks in terms of "what ifs". We both shook our heads and said "NAW! UH-UN"

Of course Mike starts saying how scared we are while we defend with how smart we are. There was to be no debate about this. Mike started going up, and we started going down. Mike called us "lame" and followed. He asked what it would take to get us up there, implying that if girls were there we'd go. RIGHT! but wasn't no girls there to impress sooooooooo. We weren't going. Then he threatened to tell everybody how sissified we acted. So I told him to "tell everybody!", "post it on facebook! i dont care" "if you tell people I was a sissy Ima say 'yup, a smart, safe sissy' not a crazy one"..ahahaha

We walked around a little more before we left. On our way our we took some pic in the crazy mirror thingy. then when we really left, some kids hiding in the trees were shaking the branches and trying to scare people. They almost got hit. Cant just be jumping out at people you know. We tracked it back to the car and left, I got dropped near Michigan ave and walked back to school, I had had enough adventure for that day. But boy I tell you, a dose of Mike and Jarvis together...hahahaha just thinking about it.

oh yea, photos
go to next blog

No comments:

Post a Comment