Monday, March 26, 2012

From a Journal Entry titled: Made it!

So as I continue to debrief, process and think on deep thoughts. I wanted to give something from the last two weeks that I spent in Kenya. This is a journal entry from the first evening of the Safari we were able to go on the day before we left. I'll share more from my days in Kenya in days to come.

3-21-2012
Made It

"...The girls are going to shower and probably change for dinner. We're going to meet @ 7:30. Still twenty minutes left. That should be more than enough time. So as I sit and listen to this Jazz music, I am feeling as though I am now on vacation. Lodge, Safari, buffet dinner, a robe in my own room. Yea. Feels like it. Feels good for now.
    
    You know, riding w/ the roof up is wonderful like life, you can ride in the front, facing the trail, leaving dust, looking ahead as the wind blows against you. An excitement that beckons the future and all that it brings.
    Or from the side. Looking for something out there, searching the landscape, just enough wind on you as you watch the scenery pass you by. It's not so fierce here on the side, I can see a little bit of everything, and I'm quite comfortable. I live in the reality of right now. And take it as it is.
   Eventually I found my way to the back. Looking behind, feeling like I'm moving backwards although the wind pushes forward. I see all things left. Unlike the other two, I want to be the one that knows whether what has past is still there or gone. Looking for everything that's already been. Sometimes it's sad, sometimes wonderful, and the wind feels good at my back because the reality is. I'm moving forward. My memories are precious.

   So what do you do? where do you stay?
I sat. I closed my eyes. Prayed. And when they open. I know I'll be wherever it is I need to. And that. That's better than the rest."


No comments:

Post a Comment