Monday, February 18, 2013

WHAT!?

I guess this past week I've really come to appreciate eating again. Last week my wisdom tooth darn near paralyzed me to the point that I had to call and go in to the dentist. (If you know me then you realize how big of a deal that is). Well, of course, the tooth was infected and I've been taking antibiotics for the past seven day now. This tooth is getting yanked out tomorrow! And knowing that I may not be able to eat anything solid for a few days is depressing. It actually makes me want to eat more. With that I reflect: Two weeks ago Tony Evans talked about the infected tooth he had on a cruise that hindered him from enjoying his time and eating. I completely felt his pain as I shook my head chiming in with groans and amens under my breath, haha. The issue arises in the form of problems; the surface problems that we feel the affects of and the actual issues that are the root causes of our felt pain. The sermon was actually about knowing Christ and he illustrated the armor of God in such a clear and profound way...Last night I watched the movie Flight with a roommate of mine, it's a great movie. this morning I watched a matinee movie - Side Effects, also a good movie. The themes of lying and consequences and root causes and the pains that result as the symptoms are intense (If you pay attention and look close enough to see and discern). God speaks, His conviction and words come in ways that I don't always understand and so many times don't even realize. And although I'm thinking deeply and examining things of life, there is a clarity and a slight fog that is subtle and settled. Rather odd I think. Not confusing. It's like shadows that emerge from the fog slowly becoming revealing as you prematurely try to figure the object and form of what is about to emerge. That's some good imagery, right? Like in the movies, hahahaha. So whats the whole point.

Well, I'm just thinking about the pain that drives us to question the, probably already ignored conviction, root causes that makes us respond in truth and have to deal with the consequences. I want to be successful, that is, loving God, speaking truth, loving others, living well and with integrity. Right now I question what the coming days will reveal and result in. We have no idea where God is leading us sometimes and what will become of us. I struggle, I mean, really struggle. I trust God, but not you. Because you refuse to see who I am "in Christ." You judge my symptoms that come from the struggle with sin and don't understand, see, nor recognize the root of salvation in believers. You think Christians, look like, and sound like, [this]. Whatever this means? And unfortunately I began to despise the way you see life, because we're suppose to be the same and I don't understand how you got to that. Aren't you also "in Christ"? Well, then, remember, "he who has eyes to see" see, and "he who has ears to hear" listen. and maybe we'll find ourselves sitting in the same seats. or maybe next to one another. but I doubt it.....Now that's a riddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment